Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: CR Theming & Images Post Reply Post New Topic
ianmair

Online Status: Offline
Quote ianmair Replybullet Topic: CR Theming & Images
    Posted: 04 Nov 2009 at 5:32am
I want to allow the user to change the header/footer as well as company address etc from within my software. is there a way to set the header image dynamically within my report for example and pull it's value either from my application settings or from a dataset? I can then have a theme throughout all my reports that uses the same images specified

I've developed the code that lets the user change the address and image location within my .net application. I just need to find the way of using the new header/footer info on my report at runtime.

I'm a good coder and researcher so if anyone can set me on the right path i'll work it out for myself! Address is not so important, but i'd really like the user to be able to set the header and footer image themselves

many thanks
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Online Status: Offline
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 04 Nov 2009 at 6:38am

in our report the image is passed as datatable.  I haven't had to code this type of issue yet.  We push the data to the report instead of having it pull the data, so that might be part of our solution.  Also, from what I have seen, CR will stretch/shrink an image to fit the predefined area, and I don't know if there is a way to resize it, again, I haven't had to this yet.

HTH
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version