Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: years of service formula in crystal reports 2008 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3
DBlank

Online Status: Offline
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 9:52am
create a formula and use it to group on
totext(
(datediff('yyyy',{table.hiredate},currentdate) - if datepart('y',currentdate)<datepart('y',{table.hiredate}) then 1) - ((datediff('yyyy',{table.hiredate},currentdate) - if datepart('y',currentdate)<datepart('y',{table.hiredate}) then 1) MOD 5)
,0,'') + ' service years'
IP IP Logged
bayhr

Quote bayhr Replybullet Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 10:04am
Thnx but is there a way that the grouping will show say 5, 10, 15 years etc...I tried your formula to group it but it only shows 5 yrs. It doesn't give me the option to select say 5, 10, 15 etc...in the groupings. Pls help?

The grouping worked but I want to find out if it's possible to have a select criteria for the years of service to have the option of 5, 10, 15, 20 etc...so that the user can select those from the select criteria which will in turn populate them in the report as groupings. Your help will be great again. Thnx

Edited by bayhr - 03 Mar 2011 at 10:18am
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 10:20am
are you limiting the data in the select expert?
that formula will convert all the rows to there respective grouping of 5-10-15-20-etc.

IP IP Logged
bayhr

Quote bayhr Replybullet Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 10:24am

Yes I'm limited them in the select criteria. However, if I go back to change the criteria to either exclude or include other years, I do not see all the years in the dropdown list in the select criteria

example: I selected 5, 10, 15 years but later wanted to exclude 5,10years and to include 15,20years...I don't see them in the select criteria. I only see the ones that I previously selected (i.e. 5,10,15years) Could you please help
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 10:29am
how did you create your drop down list?
IP IP Logged
bayhr

Quote bayhr Replybullet Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 10:35am
I meant when restricting the criteria like say service years: is one of, equal to etc...it's supposed to give an option to see all the years that I can either include/exclude at anytime I want, right? but like I said earlier as an example if I include 5,10,15 years etc...and later want to exclude say 10, 15 and rather include 20,25 yrs it doesn't show all the years as an option to include/exclude

IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 10:58am
ahhh, you are using the select expert menu.
you need to use the paramters on a report refresh in order for end users to select the data.
Did you create a paramater to use?
IP IP Logged
bayhr

Quote bayhr Replybullet Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 3:00am
I used the parameters on a report refresh but the end user can only select one option (i.e. 5 years of service) at a time, which is ok but they can't select all options (i.e. to include all years of service) at the same time if they want to include all years of service, right? so I tried using the select expert menu to restrict the criteria like say service years: is one of, equal to etc, which I think it's supposed to give an option to see all the years that I can either include/exclude at anytime I want, right? but like I said earlier as an example if I include 5,10,15 years etc...and later want to exclude say 10, 15 and rather include 20,25 yrs it doesn't show all the years as an option to include/exclude.

1) Could you please assist if it's even possible to use the parameters on a report refresh to select all years of service at the same time

or

2) Is it possible to see all the years of service in the select expert menu so end users can either include/exclude the years of service they want to see on the report?

Please help and again thanks for all your valuable help. It is greatly appreciated!
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 3:37am
create a numeric static parameter with the options you want in the value rows (5/10/15/20/etc.)
In the parameter options set it to allow for multiple values
in your select expert make your select statement use that param with the other formula that gets that 5 year values
{?Param} = (datediff('yyyy',{table.hiredate},currentdate) - if datepart('y',currentdate)<datepart('y',{table.hiredate}) then 1) - ((datediff('yyyy',{table.hiredate},currentdate) - if datepart('y',currentdate)<datepart('y',{table.hiredate}) then 1) MOD 5)

Edited by DBlank - 07 Mar 2011 at 4:46am
IP IP Logged
bayhr

Quote bayhr Replybullet Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 4:44am
You're really the best of the best :):) Thanks a zillion times for all your valuable help
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version