Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Announcements
Message Icon Topic: Free book give away! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
Pilgrim

Online Status: Offline
Quote Pilgrim Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2007 at 7:25am
Originally posted by BrianBischof

Hi Pilgrim,

Glad you like the book. For the XI book I'm taking a different approach and using a tutorial format. Each chapter will have a few tutorials to reinforce the concepts discussed. I'm hoping that this makes it easier for newbies to improve their CR skills. I'm crossing my fingers that it works out well.

Regarding XI improvements, their website has good list of changes. For me, the big improvement for XI are the DCPs. This gives you the ability to build prompts that are hooked to the live database and are linked to each other. Previously you had to be a programmer to get this functionality. Very cool.

Thank you for your response, I'll take a peek at their website.  Oh, I like the ideas of a tutorial format.  I could see that being really helpful.
IP IP Logged
EscApe

Quote EscApe Replybullet Posted: 07 May 2007 at 4:23am
28 messages sent to forum, most of those are answers to questions (as good answers as I could squeeze out of me).

Am I even close to the free book?

Cheers,
Esc
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 07 May 2007 at 9:13am
Hi Esc,

Yes I see that you have been very busy on the forum lately. I appreciate the help! However, I've noticed that some of your posts are on questions that have already been answered (including mine and Dell's). At first I was confused why there were additional posts when the question had been answered. Plus, your answer was different from what had resolved the problem. So that made things a bit more confusing for me. But now I'm concerned that in some cases you posted a response just to increase your count and get a book? If you want a free book, I'm happy to send one to anyone who helps out on the forum. But please take your time and answer questions you feel really confident about (and if you aren't certain of the answer then it can just confuse the person answering the question). There is no need to answer every question in a single day if you aren't totally certain that the answer is what the client needs.

But yes, I'll be happy to send you a free book when it's available in June since I'm seeing you make a solid effort to help people. Please just make sure the answer is one that you feel very confident about.

Thanks,

Brian
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Muralie

Quote Muralie Replybullet Posted: 12 May 2007 at 4:56pm
I would really really appreciate having this new book.  I am the techincal support and I run into problems all the time.

Krishna
IP IP Logged
SolHar

Quote SolHar Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2007 at 5:38am
Hi.

I'd really love one.

I'm more than disappointed with the documentation of cr.net and the support site of business objects.

I've started this forum a couple of hours ago and I've found several solutions to many of my challenges using this forum, that I was not able to find on any other site/forum.

Thanx all ;.)
IP IP Logged
gracia

Quote gracia Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2007 at 5:57am
Hi!

I'm actually new to Crystal Report, please bear with me if I will post so many questions from time to time, by the way I'm using peoplesoft as my developing tool and oracle for the database. Right now I am working on Operational Reports and I really need to learn Crystal report since it's what our clients are requiring us for Reports.

Thanks for knowledge sharing!

Grace Pujalte
IP IP Logged
LizW

Quote LizW Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2007 at 12:54pm
 I need the book, cause I'm a dumb blonde.  Tongue

And my report was due Yesterday.

Otherwise, need the address and price for it.   Can it be purchased through Barnes and Nobles?  (they take County Government PO's).

Thanks,
Liz
Help! I've Crystaled and Can't Get Up!
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2007 at 1:00pm
Yes, the book can be purchased at any bookstore. Just call in advance in case they need to order it.

If you wish to help out with answering any forum questions, then I would greatly appreciate it. It helps build the community and benefits everyone.

Thanks.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
tehhz

Quote tehhz Replybullet Posted: 29 May 2007 at 8:33pm
Hi, BrianBischof

I have just registered as a member. Hopefully, I am the lucky one to get the free e-book.

As for answering 25 questions, can you send me the details at tehhz@hotmail.com?

Brian Teh.

Smile
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 29 May 2007 at 10:01pm
Hi Brian,

Glad that you are interested in the book. Re the part about answering questions, there aren't really any details about it. Just browse the forum when you have time and post an answer when you see an open question that you know. If you answer 25 questions then I'll mail you a free book when it comes out in August.

You help support the forum community and I'll give you a book. That's it! 

Edited by BrianBischof - 29 May 2007 at 10:02pm
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version