Tips and Tricks
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Tips and Tricks
Message Icon Topic: Running Total Field totalling suppressed records Post Reply Post New Topic
jwarren87

Online Status: Offline
Quote jwarren87 Replybullet Topic: Running Total Field totalling suppressed records
    Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 10:07am
I have a suppression formula in my Detail Section Expert... Suppress is not checked, but I have the following formula in under the formula button, which turned it red, and seems to suppress what I need while leaving what I want...

{table1.invoice}=previous({table1.invoice}) AND
{table1.vendor}=previous({table1.vendor})

The problem I am having is the Running Total field is still evaluating the suppressed records.

I've read all sorts of similar topics and what Google found for me, but none of that seems to work.

I've tried adding the above formula to the RT Evaluate Using a Formula option, but it's way off.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I've found that the need for suppression is caused by the way one of the fields data is stored in one of the two databases I am accessing. When I removed that field, I can remove the suppression formula and all the RT fields are correct. I'm accessing a MSSQL DB and a Timberline (accounting) Pervasive DB. It's basically looping some data causing duplicates.

Again... I'm new to Crystal Reports and I need some help if anyone has some to offer here.

Thanks in advance!!!
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 3:36am
the duplicate rows are likely caused by a join.
Suppressing records do not exclude them so they are in any summaries unless explicitly excluded via a formula.
I think the easiest solution based on your post is to create a concatenated field of your invoice and vendor and then change your RT to evaluate on change of that formula field.
RT_reset formula
totexext(table1.invoice,0,""))+"-"+totext(table1.vendor,0,"")

Edited by DBlank - 21 Jan 2014 at 3:38am
IP IP Logged
jwarren87

Quote jwarren87 Replybullet Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 3:57am
DBlank,

Thank you so much. That seems to have fixed the issue!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version