Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Tips and Tricks
Message Icon Topic: Auto run Crystal Report Post Reply Post New Topic
rlassalle
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote rlassalle Replybullet Topic: Auto run Crystal Report
    Posted: 12 May 2016 at 7:02am
l have a report to run auto. The report is about top 4 sell charts; which can change each month. Different Department could be the top 4, dynamically change every month. I find out a solution creating 4 Top Groups. the issue is that they (chart) Shows by page one under another. I need the charts layout side by side, mean the 4 charts in one page.

THANKS I really appreciate your help.

Rodolfo

Edited by rlassalle - 12 May 2016 at 7:03am
RUL
IP IP Logged
Valert16
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Valert16 Replybullet Posted: 29 May 2016 at 11:45pm
Sorry for the delay. Not sure if you have one group and you need to place a chart in every group header. If this the case you can try this solution.

If you need 4 charts side by side in one page, may be there is a solution formatting the details section as multi-column. Go to details Section Expert and check "Format with multiple columns". Then go to the Layout tab and select the width of the column, print direction "down then across" and check "Format groups with multiple columns".
In the Section Expert for the group footer, select "print at bottom of the page".

Place each chart in the Report Header. If you can choose landscape orientation, you'll have more room for every chart.

The condition for this report to be succesfull is that each group fits in one column. If you hide the details this should work. Hope this helps.
IP IP Logged
rlassalle
Groupie
Groupie

Quote rlassalle Replybullet Posted: 31 May 2016 at 10:42am
Thanks for answer I Will try your suggestion. yes I home one group and I have to select the Top 4 department, showing one chart for each department in one page.

Thank Rodolfo
RUL
IP IP Logged
rlassalle
Groupie
Groupie

Quote rlassalle Replybullet Posted: 31 May 2016 at 11:25am
Hi I did the test but if i put the chart in the report header I got from the same department. If I leave the chart in the group I got the 4 chart in one row no two and two in the second row. May there is some step that I am not doing well.

Thanks
RUL
IP IP Logged
Valert16
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Valert16 Replybullet Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 6:50am
Sorry, I said report header when I wanted to say group header.
My understanding was that you were grouping by department, and for every department, you need to show a chart. Also I thought you need to show the 4 charts in one page and all 4 side by side.
Please, can you explain where I am wrong with my perception?
IP IP Logged
rlassalle
Groupie
Groupie

Quote rlassalle Replybullet Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 11:16am
Yes you are right it is working very well. Thank you so much.
Now,I need to add a new group. Is there a way to do this in the same report or do I have to use the same procedure in a sub report?

Thanks.

Edited by rlassalle - 01 Jun 2016 at 11:19am
RUL
IP IP Logged
Valert16
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Valert16 Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 7:51am
Hi,
If this new group comes from the same datasource you are using in your report, simply add it from menu Insert --> Group.
For example, if you are grouping by department, you could add the month (assuming you have this field or a formula that calculates it from a date field) as a new group. This way, inside every department you could show summarized values (Sum, Max, Min, etc.) for every month.
In this multicolumn report, the new groups (by month) would show one under another in the column of every department.

I don't understand why you are thinking of using a subreport here. A group and a subreport are very different concepts. Could you explain in more detail why you need a subreport?
IP IP Logged
rlassalle
Groupie
Groupie

Quote rlassalle Replybullet Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 10:45am
Hi, how you say the seconds group will be set mixed within the first group, mean one chart first group them the ones belong to the seconds group related with the first group. This is not what I need. I need all the chart from the first group and a second page with all the charts belong to the seconds group. In order to got that I made a sub report that shows the second group hiding the first group. So, the sub report shows the charts from the second group with the same layout that the first group in the main report. Then I insert the sub-report
As a new page in the main report.

Thanks

RUL
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version