Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: blank columns when export CR data to Excel Post Reply Post New Topic
patb

Online Status: Offline
Quote patb Replybullet Topic: blank columns when export CR data to Excel
    Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 1:40pm

I have created a Crystal report with CR XI that outputs 3 columns of data in the Crystal report, but when I export to Excel 97-2000 I end up with 5 columns. So, for example, the Excel data looks like this:

field1,  blank column,  field2,  blank column, field3

I am able to eliminate the extra 2 columns if I export from CR to Excel using the Data Only option, but then I am missing other important info.

In the Crystal report, I made sure that there is no gaps/spaces between the field names, but still get 2 extra columns.

Does anybody know a trick to eliminate the extra columns when using the standard CR "Export to Excel 97-2000" option?
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 3:59pm
Exporting to Excel is an art (and a big pain in the butt). If you want a perfect export, you need to make the report look as much like a spreadsheet as possible. The headers all need to stay in the exact same column as the data (size too). They all need to be lined up perfectly b/c if anything is off, then CR will think that it needs to insert blank columns to keep things lined up.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Savan

Quote Savan Replybullet Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 2:04am
in the report export options, please check the column width based on, by default the column width is based on whole report, u can changed the column either by selection the column width based on the columns in details section or any other section.

please check, if this can solve your problem
Thanks
Savan
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version