Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic payslips for multiple employees? Post Reply Post New Topic
bhappy

Online Status: Offline
Quote bhappy Replybullet Topic: Dynamic payslips for multiple employees?
    Posted: 05 May 2008 at 12:31am
Hi All,

I need to generate pay slips for multiple employees using Crystal Reports.I can able to generate pay slip for one employee.But I can't generate pay slips for multiple employees.Can any one tell me any idea plz..............

Thanks.
Thanks,
Aswath.
IP IP Logged
neojhols

Quote neojhols Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2008 at 12:52am
i dont know it this could be help for you... if you would like to generate pay slip to all employee, your stored procedure or whatever you use..dont use parameter in your stored procedure, just a plain stored procedure, not a parametarize stored procedure..
help each other..
IP IP Logged
neojhols

Quote neojhols Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2008 at 12:53am
just a simple select statement
help each other..
IP IP Logged
bhappy

Quote bhappy Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2008 at 1:03am
Hi,
Thanks for ur replay,

I want to generate pay slip dynamically, ie i am placing some formula fields in my crystal report, then i am sending values to those formula fields through code behind(vb.net2.0), Here formula field can hold only one value.but i need to generate pay slips for all employees...............

Any idea plz...........

Thanks.
Thanks,
Aswath.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2008 at 8:41am
So you're saying that you want VB.NET to pass a list of employees to Crystal Reports and then it prints from that list? If so, you could use VB.NET to create a comma delimited string of the employee numbers to print. Then assign this to the record selection formula of the ReportDocument class. I would use syntax similar to the following for the record selection formula:
{yourtable.EmployeeId} IN [1001, 2005, 3123]

Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
bhappy

Quote bhappy Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2008 at 8:52pm
Hi,

Thanks for ur replay,

Here i am not passing any table to crystal report.All values i am passing to formula fields bcuz all fields are dynamic i am not using any database field directly in my crystal report.All calculations i am doing in code behind (earnings and deductions calculations) so in code behind i will get one dataset with all data to generate payslips(all dynamic data for all employees) but formula field can hold only one value ???

Any idea plz...........

Thanks.
Thanks,
Aswath.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version