Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Select Expert (Help with Formula) Post Reply Post New Topic
melowe

Online Status: Offline
Quote melowe Replybullet Topic: Select Expert (Help with Formula)
    Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 1:36pm
I have a report that I would like to filter through the selelet expert with a couple of different criterias.

The report is basically a reorder report that looks at all purchased inventory items and then groups them by vendor. What I would like to do is further filter this report through the select expert but I think it would require an IF formula or something of sorts.

The reports shows a columb field of {Days to stock Out}, {Available on Hand} and {Usage YTD}

Here's what I'm looking to acomplish.  I don't want the line item data for a part to display in the report if {Usage YTD} is less than 1, unless the demand {Available on Hand} is less then 0. i.e. -1 On Hand

I would appreciate any help in getting this to work!Confused
melowe
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 5:03pm
Try this:
{table.Usage YTD} > 1 OR {table.Available On Hand} <0

This will accept all records that have usage  great than 1, or if not then it still displays it if the On Hand is less than zero.

My Encyclopedia book has three chapters covering formulas and how to write conditions using Crystal sytnax.You can find out more about my books at Amazon.com or reading the Crystal Reports eBooks online.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
melowe

Quote melowe Replybullet Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 7:55am

It worked great! Thank you! And I think I'll buy your book. I'm new to this and am trying to learn as I go.

melowe
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version