Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Problem with Printer Setup Post Reply Post New Topic
cChair

Online Status: Offline
Quote cChair Replybullet Topic: Problem with Printer Setup
    Posted: 13 Dec 2006 at 3:04am
Hi,
I am like an intermediated Crystal.NET user. I have a slight problem after creating a report that is to be opened by a window application written with VB.NET.

The problem is that my report does not print correctly on any other paper or different orientation except the one I chose at design time. For example, i design a report to print on US Fanfold paper, Orientation: Portrate, when we take the application to other client that uses A4 paper, the report could not print correctly even though we changed the oritentation to landscape.

Thanks
Ayeni S. O
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2006 at 9:45am
Is it the same type of printer, but just different orientation? Experiment with saving the report with the printer driver that it is not printing on since that is the printer giving you trouble.

Many times, printer problems can be fixed by telling the report that no printer is being used. That forces it to format the report generically to match most types of printers.
IP IP Logged
cChair

Quote cChair Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2006 at 10:41pm
Thanks for the reply. I have thought of using the "No Printer" option in my report design but that has its own problem too.

For example, when i choose No Printer option, the Crystal Report page width available most time is not enough to accomodate all fields from the underline query except somebody can tell me how to increase the page with at design time to accomodate all required fields.

Thanks
Ayeni S. O
IP IP Logged
c0dpe

Quote c0dpe Replybullet Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 11:24am
Hello cChair,

I'm having exactly the same problem of paper size changes when I check the No Printer Option.

Did you figure out how to fix this?

Thank you.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version