Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Select the last record and show it in my report Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
elnino26

Online Status: Offline
Quote elnino26 Replybullet Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 11:43am
Dell,

the issue is that in the example I copy the way that the report is supposed to work. Right now, the report looks like the example fields with the difference that I don't get the last transaction date (in red). I don't know how I can get just the last transaction as show in the example. i don't need the details of the others transaction dates, I just need to get the last date in that field for each user. Example:

001   15-May-2006   Albert Brow     0   $3.00
002   16-Jun_2005   Maria Garcia    0   $4.00

Thanks,

IP IP Logged
elnino26

Quote elnino26 Replybullet Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 11:47am
Dell,

the issue is that in the example I copy the way that the report is supposed to work. Right now, the report looks like the example fields with the difference that I don't get the last transaction date (in red). I don't know how I can get just the last transaction as show in the example. i don't need the details of the others transaction dates, I just need to get the last date in that field for each user. Example:

PatronID   LastTransdate       User Name    Active    Balance
001            15-May-2006        Albert Brow      0          $3.00
002            16-Jun_2005        Maria Garcia     0          $4.00

It's not working right now. I'm trying to get this info in the report.

Thanks,
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 11:58am
I think we're having a problem understanding each other here.  Let me see if I can rephrase my question.

Is the data you show above the only data that's in your report or is there some other data?  If there is other data, how is it formatted?  Is it summaries?  Is it in header sections? Is it in details sections?  What does it look like.  What the rest of the report looks like has a bearing on how you can format the report to get to the data you're looking for.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
elnino26

Quote elnino26 Replybullet Posted: 19 Feb 2009 at 6:33am
Dell,

I think you're right, we're having issue understanding each other.
The example info that is in the message is the info that is supposed to be in the report. All the info is showed in the report, but with the only issue that the 'transaction date' is not in the report. This is the issue that I'm trying to fix. There is not other data in the report. I'm using UserID, UserLast and first name, Last TransactionDate (which is not working now), Active, and account balance (I'm using three different tables in order to get all the info needs). The data is group by User Classification. I made two statement (Select Expert) to filter the data. First, the date is filter if the user is inactive (0). Second, if the user have at leasta $10 in his/her account (>=10). I have two summaries in my the report one for each user "clasification". And second, one for the grand summaries total. So as yuo can see, the report is almost working, but I'm missing part where the last transaction date is supposed to be showed in the report. This info that is not working right now. I need to add this info into it, but I don't know how to do it.

I hope that now it's more clear for you.

Thank so much.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version