Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Reports. NET 2005 and Concurrent users Post Reply Post New Topic
ramesh_karanam

Online Status: Offline
Quote ramesh_karanam Replybullet Topic: Crystal Reports. NET 2005 and Concurrent users
    Posted: 17 May 2007 at 11:07am

Hi,

I have developed a set of 20 reports using Crystal Reports shipped with Visual Studio.NET 2005 and ASP.NET.

These reports can be viewed using ASP.NET users.

Recently, I am facing an issue with concurrent users. If there are more than 5 concurrent users, the application fails with the following error message

"The maximum report processing jobs limit configured by your system administrator has been reached.".

This will be continued until the IIS is restarted.

Could you please clarify me whether the above problem is due to the more number of concurrent users ?? And what if I have to scale up the application to support 20 concurrent users. What would be the correct version of Crystal Reports to support 20 concurrent users ?

Please take some of your valuable time to answer my above all questions ??

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 17 May 2007 at 11:13am
This is a limitation of Crystal Reports.NET 2005. It is not designed for a steady load of concurrent users generating reports. You will have to upgrade to Crsystal Reports Server edition to handle a larger simultaneous load. CR Server works by queueing up reports and generating them in order. This prevents that error message from occurring.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
ramesh_karanam

Quote ramesh_karanam Replybullet Posted: 17 May 2007 at 11:28am

That means we have to purchase the license of Crystal Reports XI server edition and install the same on the web server. And any idea on the type of code changes required to migrate the existing crystal rerports from CR.NET 2005 to Crystal Reports XI Server edition ?  What would be the timeframe to make all these changes ..

I am in hurry to submit the estimations to scale-up the current application to 20 Concurrents users (Not more .. not less ...!)  ..  please let me know if I need to provide any more information . ....

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 17 May 2007 at 12:41pm
Unfortunately I don't have any CR Server experience. So I can't give you any estimates for conversion. Re the licensing you need to talk to a BOBJ sales rep. I"M just not knowledgeable about it. You will need a license for the web server. You probably need the CR Dev edition to get full use of the SDK (but this is a guess b/c the server edition might come with it?) Again talk to a sales rep. Oh yeah - some people have complained that some sales reps aren't up to speed. So if you get a bad one call back to talk to someone who knows the product well.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
ramesh_karanam

Quote ramesh_karanam Replybullet Posted: 17 May 2007 at 2:33pm
Thanks for all your valuable information .. I will contact the BO regarding this ...  thanks again ...
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 17 May 2007 at 4:37pm
Wish I could tell you more, but I'm not a CR Server guy. Good luck with it.
IP IP Logged
ChrisWaddle

Quote ChrisWaddle Replybullet Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 1:18pm
Is the 5 user limit just in the split seconds when the reports are generated or is it 5 reports limit opened? I have seen contradictory information on that.

Is it 5 users per report or 5 total reports?

Edited by ChrisWaddle - 02 Apr 2008 at 1:19pm
IP IP Logged
IdoMillet
Groupie
Groupie

Quote IdoMillet Replybullet Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 4:09pm
I believe it's 5 active sessions (regardless of rpt file).  You may be able to tweak a timeout parameter so that a user doesn't hog a session for a long time just because they didn't move to a different page with their browser.

- Ido
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.
www.MilletSoftware.com
IP IP Logged
ChrisWaddle

Quote ChrisWaddle Replybullet Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 10:56am
I think that the number of print requests handled by the Crystal .Net object can be configured in the register: this is defaulted at 75.

The registry Key is: PrintJobLimit.

The number of concurrent  requests  handled by the engine is 3 but others just wait in a queue.

This was told me by a Business Objects Engineer. Am I misunderstanding something. I am pretty sure I have > 5 concurrent users on applications in .Net and I am not getting errors. I use a crReportDocument.Dispose() call as soon as the report is generated?
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version