Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: How can I show groups with no rows? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
Derek K

Online Status: Offline
Quote Derek K Replybullet Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 2:41pm
So, I have a related question - I have the same issue as the OP, except that I'm pulling a range of data.

For me, I'm running an Attendance report.  I need to pull all entries that match a list of attendance codes and group them.  But I would also like to have a blank entry for anyone that has no codes.  Using the IsNull pulled them all up as entries in the group tree under their various categories, but I don't actually see anything in the report itself. 

I don't have access to the dbase that I'm querying outside of Crystal, so I can't do anything interesting there before I make the report, so I'm stuck with filters.

My select statement looks thusly:

local datevar StartDate:=date(dateadd("d",-180,{?End Date}));

date({DET_SEG.NOM_DATE})  in StartDate to {?End Date} and
({SEG_CODE.CODE} in [....]  or IsNull({SEG_CODE.CODE})) and
if left({EMP_GRP_NODE.CODE},2) = "CS" and right(left({EMP_GRP_NODE.CODE},5),1) in [....] and {?Department} in ["CS", "All"] then true else
if left({EMP_GRP_NODE.CODE},2) = "PD" and right(left({EMP_GRP_NODE.CODE},8),1) in [....] and {?Department} in ["PD", "All"] then true
else false

There are a lot of extra pieces that might be getting in the way (selecting dates, selecting certain codes, selecting the teams, selecting the departments - replaced the data itself with .... in places), but I think they're all external to this issue....
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Online Status: Offline
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 6:24am
if they appear in the group tree, they have made it past the filters.  It might be that they are null, and so have nothing to display.  For example: you display a name + the code + the date.  If the code is null, well adding a string to a null, gets a null.

I would try displaying, at least in the development stage, some piece of info that is not null and see if you get anything.  Also, since these are being grouped, can you display info from the group in the details?

I would say run a query on the DB so you can see what you are getting, but you say that's not possible, so you are going to have to 'discover' what values are appearing and how you might modify the ones that aren't so that they work for you.

HTH
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version