Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Parameter Min & Max Values Being Blanked Post Reply Post New Topic
Dave P

Online Status: Offline
Quote Dave P Replybullet Topic: Parameter Min & Max Values Being Blanked
    Posted: 29 May 2007 at 8:51am

ASP.NET 1.1

Crystal XI Developer Edition

I have the following parameter in a Crystal XI report:

Name: CertNo;
Type: Number (Static);
Value Field: (None);
Prompt Text: Enter CertNo;
Prompt With Description Only: false;
Default Value: 1.00
Allow Custom Values: true;
Allow multiple values: false;
Allow discrete values: true;
Allow range values: false;
Min Value: 1.00
Max Value: 10.00

When I come to populate this parameter in my code the Min and Max Values are set to 0. I then get an exception when I enter in any value as it says the parameter value cannot be greater than the max value. Can anyone shed some light on why the values are being blanked out, and what I can do to get around this problem?

Thanks.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 29 May 2007 at 2:56pm
I don't know why Min/Max lost their values. Have you tried resetting them in your code prior to assigning the current value? That is the only thing I can think of for it.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Dave P

Quote Dave P Replybullet Posted: 30 May 2007 at 1:10am
I've tried doing just that, and it gets a little further before throwing an exception in the crystal viewer itself when the report source is set. And helpfully the error message reads "No Error." I'm a bit lost as to what to do next.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 30 May 2007 at 11:03am
Do you have the latest SPs for CR installed? CR.NET has been out for a while and if you're using the original version then it may have been fixed in a later service pack.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Dave P

Quote Dave P Replybullet Posted: 31 May 2007 at 1:41am
Yes, I have the latest SP's installed for Crystal XI, as it is the Crystal XI developer components I use in my application. 

What I have found out is that it seems to be specific to Crystal XI Reports.
I created the same report in Crystal 9 and it ran without error. I've also found that the Crystal XI report runs if you blank out the min and max values in the designer. So the main problem seems to be that if you set the min and max values, when the report is loaded in the web it knows that it should have the values but they are blank. So any value you put in gets checked against 0. I've searched Business Objects support pages to see if it a known fault but can't find anything.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version