Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Aligning report fields with pre-printed form Post Reply Post New Topic
crystal_user

Online Status: Offline
Quote crystal_user Replybullet Topic: Aligning report fields with pre-printed form
    Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 4:38pm

We created crystal report to print on pre-printed form. It has a ton of fields. Our system generates the report and then creates it as PDF file. The user then prints the PDF file on the printer on the pre-printed forms.

As printer rollers wear out the fields become out of synch with form. Is there a way to pass the TOP and LEFT position of the fields to the report and have the report utilize these values? This way we can dynamically adjust the position of fields on the page.

We cannot scan the form and use it as background, each form has unique barcode.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 16 Oct 2009 at 6:41am

I haven't done this, as my company doesn't have this particular issue, but the concept that comes to mind is to adjust the margins the page.  I am willing to be that these values can be accessed programatically.

This would seem to be the simpliest method.  Otherwise, I can see moving the fields programatically left/right, but there isn't a method to move up and down.  You might be able to change the size of a section, but I am not sure, like a dummy pageheaderA, so that everything on the form shifts down by a bit.

HTH
IP IP Logged
crystal_user

Quote crystal_user Replybullet Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 8:17am
As I am looking at my report all margins are currently set to 0. I print report on printer A and it comes out aligned with form. I print report on printer B and it's a quarter of an inch off vertically. The rollers in printers pull paper differently, so how can I account for that in my report?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 10:51am
Really don't know, because if it 1/4 inch low and the margin is 0, I can't think of any way to move the report up.

Sorry I can be of more help
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version