Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Supress Detail section if Group is Suppressed Post Reply Post New Topic
Jesse

Online Status: Offline
Quote Jesse Replybullet Topic: Supress Detail section if Group is Suppressed
    Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 12:10pm
Hello,

I am trying to write a report that has conditional suppression based on whether a group header is suppressed. Here is the situation.

The report I am writing has multiple detail sections. If one of the fields (for dollars sold per fiscal period) in any of the detail sections are below $100 I want all the details to show, even if one of the fields in the detail sections is above $100.

Here is what I have tried so far. I have grouped by a customer name and done a conditional suppression in the group header to say if the field for dollars sold > $100 then suppress. This seems to work for suppressing only if all of the fields are over $100.

If there is a way to write a suppression formula in the detail saying if group header suppressed then suppress details I think this will work for what I need. Otherwise I am open to other suggestions for how to re-structure the report to get the same results.

Thanks so much for any help!
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 12:29pm
Create a formula field called 'Suppress' as:
if table.field<100 then 1 else 0
Now insert a Summary as a SUM of this fomrula field in your Customer Name group level.
Now in you Section Expert you can condionally suppress the header and detail sections using the summary:
IP IP Logged
Jesse

Quote Jesse Replybullet Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 8:22am
Thanks so much this worked perfectly!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version