Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Print Multiple copies with different footer Post Reply Post New Topic
bakatori

Online Status: Offline
Quote bakatori Replybullet Topic: Print Multiple copies with different footer
    Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 12:04am
How can i Print Multiple copies with different footer for each copies?
In the report, there is subreport in it.
I have run out of idea how to retain the information and just modify the footer.
Help ......
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 6:49am
since you are running from an app, can you call the report multiple times but each call has a different parameter so that a different footer will display?

Generically, if you have 1 report and you want to hit print and have it print 2 copies with different footers, you would need to figure out a way to create a report that is really both pages that you want.  CR will only print/display what is in the report.
IP IP Logged
bakatori

Quote bakatori Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 2:47pm
Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking if it is possible for us to click a button and simply populate 5 copies of report in one rpt? So when I print the copy of rpt file, i will get 5 copies of the report with different footer.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 3:11am

I don't think so...the closest that you can come is if the entire report is contained in a subreport...but subreports don't have report/page headers/footers.

The issue is, Crystal will only print the rows in the dataset, 1 time, so you are looking for a mechanism for Crystal to create 5 datasets so that it can see them and print them.  If you go the data from a stored proc, you could  create a column in the dataset and use this column to drive the different copies, and hence get the 5 'copies' into 1 report, but joining straight to the tables...subreports would be the best bet...but I don't think it will be as straight forward...also performance will be worse as there will be more hits to the database, not too many (at least 5) could be worse.

The stored proc approach would be a better solution....but all my reports use stored procs....

HTH
IP IP Logged
bakatori

Quote bakatori Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2010 at 5:23pm
Thanks for enlighten me.
IP IP Logged
bakatori

Quote bakatori Replybullet Posted: 03 May 2010 at 3:26pm
Is it possible for me to force one report to print 5 times. and intercept the print to change the footer?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 04 May 2010 at 2:50am
I don't think so. There's a number of copies, but I have no idea of how one would go about intercepting the report and updating a part of it
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version