Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Annoying refresh after data has chancged Post Reply Post New Topic
ilsoless

Online Status: Offline
Quote ilsoless Replybullet Topic: Annoying refresh after data has chancged
    Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 5:15am
Hello every body,
this is my first topic and I hope i will find some help since it has been more then 2 weeks looking for an explanation.

I have a very simple application developed in vb.net (vs 2008). My Crystal report is connected to one table and it shows a very simple data layout:

Iditem, Quantity, Description.
The only "fancy" setup is a Group Header Section for the Iditem field and the database I am using is Access 2003. Everything runs in a standing alone machine; no network involved or database sharing whatsoever .
I have noticed a very annoying behavior thinking it was very  simple to solve. Miserable me!
Here is the weirdness and happens in both the developing machine and the customer's machine (who actually still doesn't know because i didn't deliver it yet):

Step 1.
I enter some items in the table;
Step 2.
when I finally decide to print the order everything is visible in my report.
Step 3.
if I enter another item in the table and print the report again (so now this is the second printout) the new data doesn't show up.
Step 4.
Now doing just nothing and printing the report again (third printout) the new data is there and as long as the application stays open and I don't reboot the computer everything works perfectly since I also dynamically reconnect the report data-source to the new database location every time I open the application.

If I reboot the computer, everything from Step 1-4 happens again and nobody notices anything unless Step 3 is necessary because the user needs to enter new items in the customer's order after the first printout.

This behavior is driving me just nut and now I am very late with my schedule.
Never seen something like that using my Sql database , Crystal and vb.net environment.

Please some help could be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version