Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: When a database item is in only one parallel field Post Reply Post New Topic
SPackard

Online Status: Offline
Quote SPackard Replybullet Topic: When a database item is in only one parallel field
    Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 5:43am
I'm sure there is a simple answer to this, but I can't seem to find it.  I think the problem is I don't quite know how to phrase the question properly for what I'm trying to do in order to search for the answer.

Basically, here is my issue:

I have orders in an SQL database which is divided into fields.

One field is the "Order information" field, which contains the basic order information like the customer name, the date the order was placed etc.

ALL the orders are listed here.

A second field is the "Order tracking information" field.   Not all orders appear in this field.  Only orders that have been shipped and had their tracking information logged are here.

Thus, if the order is not yet shipped, it is totally absent from the second field.  It won't just be that the tracking info is blank, it will be totally absent from this field.

Both fields have an "Order_ID" item, which is what I use to match them.

I want to write a report that will show all orders and will also show the tracing information IF the order has it and if it does not will just print something like "No tracking info avaliable" or whatever.

Now here's the problem:  When I try to include the "Order tracking information" in the report, it refuses to print the orders which are not in that field even if they have records in the "Order information" field.

How do I deal with this problem?
IP IP Logged
CircleD

Quote CircleD Replybullet Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 12:04am
Just to help things a bit,you have "I have orders in an SQL database which is divided into fields."I suspect you actually have "tables" ie:"Order Information" with "customer name" "the date" etc being your fields.It helps to understand your question with the correct terminology and helps you a lot whenever you look up things in the "Help" of Crystal Reports.It looks like you have everything correct except you probably need to change the "link"(your match) to a "Left Outside" link and add an "If Then Else" formula, something like :

If {OrderInformation.Order_ID}<>{OrderTrackingInformation.Order_ID}
    then "No Tracking Information Available"
else {OrderInformation.Order_ID}

I'm not real good with formulas so this may or may not owrk out of the box for you and someone may be able to refine this one a bit but if you play around with it you should be able to make it work.
IP IP Logged
Bartee

Quote Bartee Replybullet Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 7:51pm
A 2nd area maycheap swtor credits be the "Order tracking information" Buy WOW Goldfield. Not all orders show up on this field. 
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version