Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Getting Stored Procedures rather then SQL tables Post Reply Post New Topic
RitaInHood

Online Status: Offline
Quote RitaInHood Replybullet Topic: Getting Stored Procedures rather then SQL tables
    Posted: 25 Aug 2008 at 11:53am
I'm trying to modify a Crystal report previously created for a MS Dynamics GP (Great Plains) database.  I have GP and can log into it fine, whichmeans I already have an ODBC connection to it.  Using either the previously created ODBC or a new on e I just created, instead of seeing tables, I see the stored procedures (which doesn't help at all).

I've checked my ODBC settings against those of the gal who created the original report, and they look identical.  She says she's seen this before, but simply deleting the ODBC connection and recreating it fixed it.  Not so this time. 

One other possible difference - she has SA rights on that SQL box and I don't.

Any ideas?  I am not finding any reference to this on line.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 27 Aug 2008 at 9:06am
Under Report Options, click on the Database tab. There are checkboxes that turn on/off what is shown in the database expert. You'll see that there is a checkbox for tables as well as stored procedures.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version