Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Reports not printing/exporting Post Reply Post New Topic
vinicius

Online Status: Offline
Quote vinicius Replybullet Topic: Crystal Reports not printing/exporting
    Posted: 12 May 2007 at 11:52am
Hi, i'm new here and i'm having a serious problem :

When i try to print or export my report using the print/exporting crystal report viewer's options , i get a  message like : Invalid PostBack, Use the function ClienteScriptManager to register the control event, or try <@Page RegisterEventHandler = true@>

I already searched a lot at google, and i saw that many people have this problem, using others .Net controls too.

I know now that i have to override the method Render, so i can use the ClientScriptManager to register the CrystalReportViewer's event,  but how do i do it?

I'm using the Crystal Report for  VS.net 2005

Can anybody please help me?? thanks a lot 

Edited by vinicius - 13 May 2007 at 10:43am
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2007 at 8:00am
Is this a problem on your local machine or on a separate server?  If it's on a separate web server, have you installed the latest version of the Crystal Merge Modules?  You have to download it from the Business Objects website and install that version instead of the one that came with Visual Studion.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
vinicius

Quote vinicius Replybullet Posted: 15 May 2007 at 5:24am
No , I'm still working at my local machine.I set the property <%@Page EnableEventValidation="false"%>  and it worked.I thought it was a bigger problem because the exception showed was telling me  to register my data event in the ClientScriptManger.
But thanks a lot, i appriciated your support.
Exception :

Invalid postback or callback argument.  Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page.  For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them.  If the data is valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation.

Edited by vinicius - 15 May 2007 at 7:30am
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version