Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: New project requirements Post Reply Post New Topic
gridironcoach

Online Status: Offline
Quote gridironcoach Replybullet Topic: New project requirements
    Posted: 22 May 2007 at 3:58am
Hello All,

Here are the facts:

Project: To develop a Crystal Reports (XI) reports interface. This interface will include the following:
A. Custom Parameters/Reports selection (I'm not thrilled with the embeded CRXI prompts).

B. Report NavButtons including printing, exporting, search etc (not thrilled with the CRXI NavBar)

C. Create 4 professional looking reports, that can be used as potential templates etc.

Dev Language: .Net (1.1), C#. I dont have a problem to bump to .NET 2 and Visual Studio 2005.

Database: MS SQL 2000.

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2007 at 10:44am
Your project requirements are basic enough. You can do it in VS 2003 with no problem. However, if I was starting with a new project then I would use VS 2005 just because 2003 is no longer supported and CR 2005 has many bug fixes and improvements over 2003. In fact, for me upgrading to CR 2005 is mandatory for the bug fixes alone.

My book, CR.NET Programming tells you pretty much everything you need to know to do the project (if you don't want to get the book then you can find a lot of info for free by searching the web). However, if you go with CR 2005 then the screenshots in my book won't match up, but most of the code will be correct. I'll be updating the book for 2005 and posting the changes on the web for free, but it will be another two months before I can get started on that project.

Edited by BrianBischof - 22 May 2007 at 10:46am
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version